- Pleroma has been updated to version 2.4.1. We also suffered some downtime during the 11th of January. Upgrading to the latest version fixed our issues.
- Peertube has been upgraded to version 4.0.0.
- Jitsi Meet has been upgraded to version 2.0.6726.
- Mjolnr has been upgraded to 1.2.1.
- Our upgrade to bullseye is complete, we haven’t encountered any problems upgrading to bullseye \o/.
- PeerTube has been upgraded to version 3.4.0.
- WriteFreely has been upgraded to version 0.13.1.
- Matrix has been upgraded to version 1.40.0-1~bpo11+1.
- Element has been upgraded to version 1.8.4.
- Jitsi has been upgraded to verson 2.0.6293-1.
- WordPress has been upgraded to version 5.8.1.
We’re in the process of upgrading to Debian 11 (bullseye). If you come across any issues, feel free to raise them on the #debian-social IRC channel on oftc (also accessible via Matrix) and we’ll look into it as soon as we have a chance.
We’re aware that live streaming isn’t currently working on our PeerTube instance, we have had some issues with this relatively new feature before, although at the moment we seem to be affected by upstream issue #4390.
Matrix synapse was updated to 1.40.0, during the upgrade the server was upgraded to Bullseye.
The following Matrix rooms were plumbed to IRC:
We’ve enable the following new plugins on peertube.debian.social:
This plugin allows authentication using salsa.debian.org. This will now be the preferred form of login, and we won’t create any further local accounts.
This is a very new and basic annotations plugin, but it works.
To add annotations to your videos, go to the edit page for your video, click on Plugin settings and then you’ll be able to add annotations for the video.
The format is:
0 --> 10 Hello world, this is an annotation! And will be displayed in the first 10 seconds 10 --> 20 This annotation will display at the 10th second until the 20th second.
For more information and examples, visit the upstream page above.
PeerTube has been upgraded to version 2.4.0.
You can find the upstream notes here:
The following new rooms have been plumbed and are linked to their IRC counterparts on IRC:
To request a new plumbed room, file an issue on salsa and select the “add-matrix-plumbed-room” template.